- Sustainable Fisheries
- About Sustainable Fisheries
- Fishery Management
- Fishery Ecosystem Plans
- Proposed and Final Rules
- Compliance Guides and
- Annual Catch Limits
- Sea Turtle Interactions
- Seabird Interactions
- Seabird Guide
- Recreational Fisheries
- Fishing Permits
- Protected Species Workshop
- Registration and Schedule
- Resource Materials
- Resources/Related Links
- International Fisheries
- About International Fisheries
- Western & Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC)
- South Pacific Tuna Treaty (SPTT)
- South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organization (SPRFMO)
- High Seas Fisheries in the North Pacific Ocean
- Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission (IATTC)
- Proposed and Final Rules
- Species of Interest
- Boundaries Map
- Fisheries Map
- Documents and Data
- Contact Us
- Protected Resources
- Habitat Conservation
- Observer Program
- Operations, Management, and Information
- Outreach and Education
- Marine National Monument Program
- News and Multimedia
- Public Documents
- Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center
- Office of Law Enforcement
- FOIA (Freedom of Information Act)
Sustainable Fisheries Division
The Sustainable Fisheries Division fishery management program supports the region's fisheries through the development, evaluation, and implementation of fishery policy and legislation. Program staff provides guidance to the Western Pacific Fishery Management Council in developing fishery management plans, ensuring that plans are supported by required analyses, and are consistent with all applicable laws. Staff members coordinate and administer the processing of proposed and final regulations to implement fishery management plans that are approved by the Secretary of Commerce.
Annual Catch Limits. Find catch limits (quota, total allowable catch, etc.) for fisheries in Federal waters of the Pacific Islands.
Fishing Regulations. View regulations for Federal, state, territorial, and commonwealth areas.
- Federal Regulations
- American Samoa
- Guam - User Friendly Fishing Regulation Booklet (PDF)
- Northern Mariana Islands
Proposed Actions, Final Rules, and Announcements. Review and comment on rulemaking.
Compliance Guides. Understand recent rule changes.
Sea Turtle Interactions. Track leatherback and loggerhead interactions in the Hawaii-based shallow-set longline fishery.
Seabird Interactions. View information on seabird interactions in the Hawaii-based longline fisheries.
Other Resources for Fishery Management. Find information about fisheries management, managed species, economic and social analyses, fishery management councils, and other applicable laws.
Environmental Impact Statements and Assessments. Review National Environmental Policy Act analyses that support fishery management actions.