- Sustainable Fisheries
- About Sustainable Fisheries
- Fishery Management
- Fishery Ecosystem Plans
- Proposed and Final Rules
- Compliance Guides and
- Annual Catch Limits
- Sea Turtle Interactions
- Seabird Interactions
- Seabird Guide
- Recreational Fisheries
- Fishing Permits
- Protected Species Workshop
- Registration and Schedule
- Resource Materials
- Resources/Related Links
- International Fisheries
- About International Fisheries
- Western & Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC)
- South Pacific Tuna Treaty (SPTT)
- South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organization (SPRFMO)
- High Seas Fisheries in the North Pacific Ocean
- Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission (IATTC)
- Proposed and Final Rules
- Species of Interest
- Boundaries Map
- Fisheries Map
- Documents and Data
- Contact Us
- Protected Resources
- Habitat Conservation
- Observer Program
- Operations, Management, and Information
- Outreach and Education
- Marine National Monument Program
- Press Releases and Media
- Public Documents
- Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center
- Office of Law Enforcement
- FOIA (Freedom of Information Act)
Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument has been expanded. To view a pdf of this update please click here.
Marianas Trench Marine National Monument Planning Update Number 4, September 2014. To view a pdf of this update please click here.
Marianas Trench Marine National Monument and Marianas Archipelago Ecosystem Science Implementation Workshop 2013
For more information on the ecosystem workshop, please click here.
Public Comments on Federal Register Notice of Intent to prepare Monument Management Plans for the Marianas Trench Marine National Monument Click here to view.
Public Scoping Meetings Scheduled for Draft Marianas Trench Marine National Monument Management Plan (pdf 150kB)
Marianas Trench Marine National Monument Planning Update 3 (pdf 3MB)
Marianas Trench Marine National Monument Planning Update 2(pdf 1.47MB)
Marianas Trench Marine National Monument Planning Update 1 (pdf 2.8MB)
Federal Register Notice of Intent to prepare Monument Management Plans for the Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument Plan click here to view
Federal Register Notice of Intent to prepare Monument Management Plans for the Marianas Trench Marine National Monument click here to view
The Marine National Monument Program implements the January 2009 Presidential Proclamations that established three Pacific Marine National Monuments, the Marianas Trench, Pacific Remote Islands and Rose Atoll, and also co-manages the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, created in 2006. The Marine National Monument Program coordinates the development of management plans, scientific exploration and research programs within the Marine National Monuments in the Pacific Islands Region. Under NOAA's existing authorities and the Antiquities Act, the Marine National Monument Program works with federal and regional partners and stakeholders to conserve and protect the marine resources in these large marine protected areas.
Understand and protect the unique natural and cultural resources within the Marine National Monuments through the advancement of scientific research, exploration, and public education.
Strong partnerships that promote healthy ecosystems through science based management by 2016
- 1. Collaboratively develop and adaptively manage governance structures for the Marine National Monuments.
- 2. Develop a program for scientific exploration and research.
- 3. Increase stakeholder awareness, engagement, and support for the Marine National Monuments
Click on map for larger view